Job Details - Senior Electrical Engineer - London, Greater London
This position has been filled. Click here to see the latest jobs.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job Posted: Tue 7 Aug 2012
Location: London, Greater London
My client is a global EPC company who are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a staff basis to work on a number of exciting projects in the London area.
As part of the electrical engineering team you will be involved in the design of electrical sytems for the oil and gas and/ or power including renewable energies industries. This may be a conceptual study or front end engineering design (FEED) or a design execution involving, the procurement of all equipment and detailed drawings for the construction and commissioning of an entire facility.
- Involved in projects from concept to detailed design through to construction, testing and handover.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary project team, which is likely to include engineers from other specialism’s including mechanical, structural, civil and instrumentation. liaising with clients and contractors;
- Taking a leading role in the design of electrical system to required specifications, focusing on cost, schedule, safety, reliability, and quality.
- Select and apply the relevant codes and standards applicable to the electrical systems design.
- Designing systems and electrical equipments for example, HV and LV switchgear, transformers, UPS systems and variable speed drives.
- Creating and interpreting and checking philosophies, design specifications, data sheets, schematics and layout drawings for oil and gas onshore and offshore installations.
- Estimating and planning man hours for scopes of work.
- Creating suitable engineering solutions for extreme environments such temp from minus fifty degrees to fifty plus degrees.
- Chairing meetings, writing reports and giving presentations;
- Guide and advising other members of the electrical engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of Bachelors/Master degree in Electrical Engineering with relevant industry experience
- Chartered engineer
- Ideally the successful candidate will have gained experience in an oil and gas industry however, candidates
from a manufacturing and/ or maintenance and design modifications background will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills - experience of leading a small team of engineers with a proven record of motivating, mentoring and guiding team members.
- Must have experience of creating and interpreting complex schematics or other electrical drawings.
- Design expertise in the following; HV and LV switchgear, UPS systems and transformers, generators, cables and other electrical bulk equipment.
- Knowledge of system studies software and calculations.
- Have a strong background in providing support for mechanical packages for example, diesel or gas turbine generators and HV/LV motors.
- Excellent understanding of hazardous areas.
applications to ECITperm@kin-tec.com
How to apply
Contact: Our Oil & Gas - Energy Office
Tel: 0161 875 1350
Quoting the job title and ref: 31293
Or alternatively apply online
Send to friend
Please fill in all fields
View other disciplines within Oil & Gas