Job Details - Senior Quality Engineer - Aberdeen, Aberdeen
This position has been filled. Click here to see the latest jobs.
Senior Quality Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Posted: Wed 15 Aug 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeen
Purpose / Role
To provide support in the establishment and maintenance of the project Quality Management System (QMS) and undertake quality assurance activities to confirm its effective implementation.
Key aims and objectives
• Provide support to the Project Quality Manager and the project delivery team on all matters of Quality Management.
• Carry out the project specific quality management and assurance activities as detailed in the Project Quality Plan and as directed and instructed by the Project Quality Manager.
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Assist in the close out of quality risks in accordance with the risk management system.
• Assist project process owners in establishing their delivery processes and procedures.
• Liaise with client and regulatory bodies as directed by the Project Quality Manager.
• Co-ordinate and conduct both internal and external audit activities.
• Implement action tracking on Project, and manage corrective action closeout.
• Monitor to a close out all concession and deviation requests.
• Provide input and support the subcontractor/supplier evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor/supplier performance.
• To plan and lead (as necessary), assessment visits/audits to suppliers and sub-contractors as agreed.
• To report promptly to the Project Quality Manager all matters related to Project Quality Management System performance.
• Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with Project, client and regulatory requirements.
• Input to a continuous improvement process, including a process of measuring customer satisfaction.
• Provide performance data as requested for reporting purposes.
• Undertake as necessary awareness training in the project Quality Management System, procedures and applications.
HNC (or equivalent)
Member/Associate of Chartered Quality Institute
Has QMS experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry
Has experience of process and system auditing, preferably in the oil and gas industry
Has a good knowledge of management systems including ISO 9001:2008 and its application to projects
Has successfully completed a recognised Lead Auditor training course
Holds an offshore survival certificate.
Held/holding a Senior Quality Engineer position within similar industry to AMEC
Job holder to be an IRCA registered Lead Assessor.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
Must have good planning and organisational skills
Must have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within a project team.
Must have the ability to be well organised and able to work on own initiative.
Must be self motivated and enthusiastic.
Must have the commitment to identify, analyse and propose solutions to problems in a constructive and positive manner.
How to apply
Contact: Our Oil & Gas - Energy Office
Tel: 0161 875 1350
Quoting the job title and ref: 32308
Or alternatively apply online
Send to friend
Please fill in all fields
View other disciplines within Oil & Gas